I have 7 years of experience teaching English to Chinese students. I am young at heart, yet I am mature enough to understand the strategic goals and objectives that most schools are trying to accomplish. When it comes to working with students, I am a patient and understanding person; but I am also able to stay focused on my duties, and carry out my responsibilities as a teacher.
Please allow me to share with you my personal philosophy about teaching:
1. I always try to have a positive attitude and good work habits, such as being on time, politeness and patience, and encouraging students to speak English as much as possible.
2. I always try to wear a smile, and try to be friendly to students and teachers at all times. I believe in supporting the school that I work for, which means believing in the policies and standards that they have set forth.
3. I realize the importance of trying to be an excellent speaker, but I also understand that one must be a good listener as well. I believe that this is a skill that we all may need to develop.
4. When I don't know something, I say so, but I also try to find the right answer - even if it means following up at a later time.
5. I try to stay organized, set goals every day, and be consistent in my work, taking full advantage of the educational technology at my disposal. In fact, one of my strongest attributes is creating fun and exciting PowerPoint Presentations for learning English.
I set high standards for myself and for my students, and yet I know I have to monitor and adjust my style according to the changes and realities in the classroom. I'm a student-centered teacher, and I am also a team player. I am a teacher who motivates and encourages students to try their best, and then gives them ways to prove what they can do. At times, it can be a challenging task, but my past successes indicate that I'll be successful in the future too.
MS (Masters) Degree in Management Information Systems
BA (Bachelors) Degree in Criminal Justice
AA (Associates) Degree in Business Administration
Every school has a vision. Let me join in your vision to build a fun and exciting place to learn English. I would be proud to be a member of your professional team of English Teachers - and that I can promise!
Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you kindly.
Maxwell J. Barrington